We are recollecting our favorite 13 moments, designers and occasions of 2013 as we are still welcoming the new year. Read, browse and get inspired for 2014!
1. Interior: Skyfall, Athens-Greece, by Studio Omerta
2. Designer: Michael Anastassiades
3. Architecture: Tadao Ando’s Centro Roberto Garza Sada for Art, Architecture and Design, Mexico.
4. Furniture: P22 Armchair by Patrick Norguet for Cassina
5. Object: Graphic Tablewear by “Non Sans Raison”
6. Fashion Talent: Barbara Casasola
7. Artist: Lucy Dodd, The 32 year old artist with the intoxicating paintings is considered to have shown two of the best shows of 2013 by New York Magazine’s Jerry Saltz, she is currently showing at David Lewis Gallery NYC her Cake 4Catfish Exhibition which has also gained high critics.
8. Exhibition: Mike Kelley at MoMa Ps1, MoMA PS1 presents Mike Kelley, the largest exhibition of the artist’s work to-date and the first comprehensive survey since 1993. Regarded as one of the most influential artists of our time, Mike Kelley (1954–2012) produced a body of deeply innovative work mining American popular culture and both modernist and alternative traditions—which he set in relation to relentless self- and social examinations, both dark and delirious. Bringing together over 200 works, from early pieces made during the 1970s through 2012, the exhibition occupies the entire museum.
9. Gadget: Nike Fuel Band
10. Jewelry: Repossi Berbere Collection
11. Book: Tom Dixon’s “Dixonary”
12. Magazine: CR Fashion Book
13. Kickstarter: Performance Artist Marina Abramovic accomplished to raise $661.454 with the help of Jay-Z and Lady Gaga, to build Marina Abramovic Institute in Hudson New York. The design of the institute will be led by Rem Koolhaas and Shohei Shigematsu.